The role of the Immaculata Association
We are your guarantor to ensure that all goes according to aid contracts with the Carmelites.
- Representative bodies of the guaranteeing proper use of donations
- Our role in sponsorships
- Our role in humanitarian actions
Representative bodies guaranteeing the proper use of donations:
Top of the page
The role of the association in sponsorship:
- Kids welcome to search in host homes or sponsor:
We are not involved at this level because it is the Indian sisters who know their country in whom we have complete confidence in the selection of children they welcome into their homes children. This is often a great dilemma for them because they refuse many children they would like to accept.
When we demand of individual sponsorship, we give the most information possible on the desire of the sponsor and the sisters offer us the child's file pending sponsorship that is closest to the wishes of the new sponsor.
- human monitoring, administrative and financial:
- Human Action:
We regularly take new child, the sisters tell us when he gets a special event at the orphanage or in the children's families. We relay the information on the website in the members section.
For individual sponsorships, nWe wish to know each child as far as possible. We inquire about his past, his family, to establish a data sheet that we communicate to the sponsor. If we have knowledge of a particular event we communicate to the sponsor.
We go regularly see children on site(Travel and subsistence expenses are paid by the traveler, the association does not support.)
We get about 3 annually couriers sponsored children (individual) and also children foster home group. We pass to each individual sponsor mail from his godson, and publish on the website collective letters children's homes.
- administrative and financial monitoring:
donations centralization twice a year we send a check to honor the sponsorship. These consolidated shipments allow us to have a minimum of transfer and exchange fees. (High bank fees, often lump in each transaction, this is why we do not send money monthly sponsorships)
Each semester we establish a detailed report of sponsorships and donations that we communicate to the sisters for accounts to be well clear of each side. We break the report in euros and rupees and destination to facilitate the work on site to our correspondent.
Once a year we send a progress report to sponsors calling itself "the betel leaf" which summarizes the moral and financial activities of the association at the time.
We maintain our financial and administrative files from day to day IT to respond readily to questions from members.
- Your contact at the sisters.
Have a question, a reflection, a request for or about children:
Through the Internet, we are easily in contact with our correspondents we can answer the questions in a very short time.
Top of the page
Role of the association in humanitarian actions
- research projects of humanitarian aid
- We question each center regularly on their urgent needs ongoing or sisters come to us in case of great distress.
- We choose an action to be taken in partnership with our correspondents. We study their quotes.
- The management of the project is subject to the vote of the Board.
If there is an emergency, or if the action is not very important financially, it is subject to votes of officers. (At the Council following a report thereon presented). Board members are held regularly informed by telephone or email of current events and we get their oral agreement pending formal meeting of a Council.
- Formatting, presentation
- One member shapes the humanitarian aid project. To present it to the CA then we present and distribute by email and on the website to members locations, users and donors.
- Looking for donations, organizing events
- With the publication of information, we collect donations.
- We try to also organize special events to raise funds.
- We are available to members to help them, advise, support in the realization of events.
- The project, the new steps in making
- The achievement of project are always supervised by our correspondents in whom we have full confidence.
- We regularly receive photos and reports on the progress of projects.
- We publish them on the site, we inform our members via email.
- Checking the proper use of funds.
- During travel of officers on site, or testimony of our correspondents we check the successful completion of projects and we take pictures to authenticate realization.
- closure report, acknowledgments and invoice copies.
- We ask our partners to send a project closure report sometimes illustrated with pictures and ask copies of invoices. Often partners are joining letters of appreciation we publish.
- The achievements of closure reports are archived in folders "on-site spending" and presented on request to donors.
- A summary is published on the internet for information.
Top of the page